10. Tax and National Insurance contributions

Members whose only employment is with the Authority will have tax deducted in accordance with the code supplied by the Inland Revenue.

Members who also have other employment may have their tax code applied to the other employment, and tax deducted at basic rate from payments made by this Authority, or they may have their coding split by the Inland Revenue. Members who are self-employed will normally have tax deducted at basic rate.

More detailed information on allowable expenses for tax should be obtained from the Members own Tax Office.

National Insurance Contributions are due if a Member received an amount over the lower earnings limit.
Bookmark and Share

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK
No Tags have been submitted for this page. Why not submit one?
What is a Tag?

Last updated:

Assigned review date:

Page Section:
The Council

Footer images
Resident Business The Council Visit Jobs #skip_navigation News A to Z Access Keys Homepage What's New Site Map FAQs Help Complaints Terms & Conditions Contact Us Search
7. Subsistence Allowances and Travelling Expenses
11. Pensions
Members' Allowance Scheme
Members' Allowance Scheme