Glossary of Terms

AEN - Additional Educational Needs
AR - Annual Review
B4L - Behaviour for Learning Service
EP - Educational Psychologist
EWO - Education Welfare Officer
IBP - Individual Behaviour Plan
IEP - Individual Education Plan
IR - Interim Review
LM - Learning Mentor
LSA - Learning Support Assistant
LSS - Learning Support Service
OT - Occupational Therapy
PEP - Personal Education Plan
PPS - Parent Partnership Service
PSP - Pastoral Support Plan
SALT - Speech and Language Therapy Service
SEN - Special Educational Needs
SENCO - Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator
TA - Teaching Assistant

Further information and Definitions / Areas of Need can be found on the link below.

SEN Code of Practice can be found at

† Link leads to a website which is not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. The link opens in a pop-up window
Bookmark and Share
Last updated:

Assigned review date:

Awaiting page content review by the allocated team

Page Section:
Schools & Learning

Footer images
Resident Business The Council Visit Jobs #skip_navigation News A to Z Access Keys Homepage What's New Site Map FAQs Help Complaints Terms & Conditions Telephone Numbers Search
Description of the Main Areas of Special Educational Needs
Frequently Asked Questions
The Special Educational Needs (SEN) Service & Who’s who
The Special Educational Needs (SEN) Service & Who’s who