Minor Amendments/Non-Material Amendments - Guidance

Occasionally an applicant may wish to make alterations to a scheme after it has been granted planning approval. Minor changes to approved plans can often be dealt with under an amended plan procedure.

The application form, attached below, should be completed and relevant notices served on land owners. Please ensure you download the guidance notes in addition to the application form, as these explain in full what information is required when submitting this application.

Is a fee payable for making this application?

Yes. The fee payable for this type of application is £28 if the application is a householder application; in all other cases the fee payable is £195.

What can be handled as a minor/non-material amendment?

The Council will in most cases accept the following as minor amendments to previously approved plans:
  • Reduction in the volume/size of the building/extension
  • Reduction in the height of the building/extension
  • Amendments to windows/doors/openings that will not have any impact on neighbouring properties

The Council consider the following to normally take a development beyond the scope of the permission and will therefore require a fresh application to be submitted:
  • Significant increase in the volume of the building/extension
  • Significant increase in the height of the building/extension
  • Changes which would conflict with a condition on the original approval
  • Additional and/or repositioned windows/doors/openings that will have an impact on neighbouring properties
  • Changes which would alter the description of development from the original application
  • Amendments that would warrant re-consultation either of neighbours, council departments or statutory bodies

What is the process for applying for minor/non-material amendments?

The process for applying for minor amendments to approved plans involves the submission of 1 copy of the application form, below, along with 1 copy of the amended plan(s)/drawing(s). The submitted plans will be assessed by the original case officer, where possible, who will respond in writing as to whether or not the changes proposed are acceptable as an amendment.

Consideration of an application will be delayed if you do not complete the form properly or do not provide the information requested.

If you are unsure of the information required for the application, please contact the Development Management Section, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council, Redcar and Cleveland House, Kirkleatham Street, Redcar, Yorkshire TS10 1RT or (01287) 612471 or (01287) 612628 or email planning_admin@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk.

Link to application form

What timescale do the Council look to respond to minor amendment applications?

The Council will endeavour to respond within 28 days of receipt of the application form to advise you if the changes can be accepted as an amendment to the approved scheme, or whether a formal planning application needs to be made.

* Link will open in a pop-up window
Bookmark and Share

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Last updated:

Assigned review date:

Awaiting page content review by the allocated team

Page Section:
Planning & Building

Footer images
Resident Business The Council Visit Jobs #skip_navigation News A to Z Access Keys Homepage What's New Site Map FAQs Help Complaints Terms & Conditions Contact Us Search
How do I discharge planning conditions?
Planning Appeals
Planning Permission
Planning Permission