17. Foregoing Entitlement

A Member, upon giving notice in writing to the Chief Financial Officer, may elect to forego any part of his or her entitlement to an allowance under the Scheme.

Allowances foregone, must still be reported by a Member to the DWP when claiming DWP Benefits, as it may affect their entitlement. They should also report this to the Housing and Council Tax Benefit Section if they are in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Benefit.
Bookmark and Share

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK
No Tags have been submitted for this page. Why not submit one?
What is a Tag?

Last updated:

Assigned review date:

Page Section:
The Council

Footer images
Resident Business The Council Visit Jobs #skip_navigation News A to Z Access Keys Homepage What's New Site Map FAQs Help Complaints Terms & Conditions Contact Us Search
16. Terms of Office
18. Membership of outside bodies
Members' Allowance Scheme
Members' Allowance Scheme