Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council logo
Redcar & Cleveland
Borough Council

Street Collections

Licence summary
Persons wishing to collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes from a street in Redcar and Cleveland will require a permit from Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council. The term 'street' includes any footpath, highway or public place.

Eligibility Criteria
Street collections are free and anyone can apply providing they are over 16 years of age.

Applications must be in the form prescribed by Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council and should be made at least 28 days in advance of the proposed collection.

Applications should be accompanied by the following: Regulation Summary
Police, Factories, & c. (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1916

 icon Street Collection Regulations (Street Collection Regulations.pdf - 91.16k)

Application Evaluation Process
A check will be made as to the availability of the proposed collection dates and providing the above criteria is met a permit will be granted.

There are no fees attached to an application.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?
Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us within 28 days.

How to Apply
We aim to acknowledge applications within three working days. If you have applied online we will acknowledge your application via email.

You have the option of applying online or by downloading an application form.

Online Application
Apply to run a charitable collection
Notify us of the result of a charitable collection

Download an Application Form
If you would prefer to download an application form, please download the document below and return it to us using the contact details at the bottom of this page.

 icon Application for a Street Collection Permit.pdf (51.46k)

Failed Application Redress
Please contact us in the first instance using the contact details below.

Licence Holder Redress
Please contact us in the first instance using the contact details below.

Consumer Complaint
We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice.

From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Further Information
Charity Commission
Public Fundraising Regulatory Association
Institute of Fundraising
The Stationary Office

Licensing registers are available to view, by prior arrangement, at the Council Offices. Please click here for further details.

Contact Details

Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Neighbourhoods and Customer Services
Licensing & Parking
Redcar & Cleveland House
Kirkleatham Street
TS10 1RT Tel: 01642 774774


2017 © Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Please visit our website: