Middlesbrough Special Educational Needs Parent Partnership Service
The aim of the Parent Partnership Service is to give independent advice and support to parents/carers of children who have been identified as having special educational needs.
In Middlesbrough we currently offer the following services:
- Telephone Advice - We offer a range of issues concerning parents/carers, for example how schools work, who to talk to in school, what questions to ask, how to give a compliment, express a concern or make a complaint.
- Information Services - This includes a wide range of leaflets covering all aspects of special educational needs.
- Sign Posting Service - We hold a list of support groups and voluntary agencies who are able to provide additional advice and information to parents/carers.
- Independent Parental Supporters (IPS) - An IPS is a trained volunteer who is available to support families with children who have been identified as having special educational needs. They are able to give independent advice, information and support. For example they could help with letter writing and form filling, making telephone calls, understanding official documents, attending meetings and visiting schools.
- Disagreement Resolution Service - We can offer professional mediation to help resolve disagreements you may have with your child's school or the local education authority. This is provided by Mediation.
For further information contact:
Parent Partnership Service
Middlesbrough Teaching & Learning Centre
Tel: 01642 201872