- Online Workshops for Science
- Ethnic Minority Attainment
- Emas 4 Success
- Bristol Education Action Zone
- BBC Schools Science
- Loop Cards
- Pathways to learning for new arrivals (QCA 2004)
- The integration of refugee children: good practice in educational settings
- NALDIC ITTSEAL website
- Hounslow Language Service
- Portsmouth Ethnic Minority Achievement Service (EMAS)
- Hampshire EMA Service
- Relearning to learn NUT/DfES
- Slough EAZ
- Manchester EMA Team
- On the Move: Managing pupil mobility: guidance
- Managing Pupil Mobility: A handbook for induction mentors
- Raising aspects of managing ethnic minority achievement
- Ensuring the Attainment of Mobile Pupils
- Aiming High: Meeting the needs of newly arrived learners of EAL
- Newcastle LA
- Haringey LA
- Gloucestershire County Council
This is the website of the National Association for Language Development in the Curriculum, the professional association of E.A.L pedagogy, practice, policies, research, resources, helpline&..)
This contains a wide range of recommended on-line material on issues of diversity: race and ethnicity, social class, religion, bilingual learners, travellers and refugees. It is recommended that you register as this will give you access to a wider range of resources.
Jim Cummins website
This site contains a wide range of policy and practice documents relating to the education of pupils from minority ethnic communities. This is a key site for all concerned with E.A.L issues.
This site provides excellent background information about pupils countries of origin and their likely educational experiences as well as guidance for teachers on settling in children new to Britain. It also provides examples of good practice.
This website is about the integration of refugee children good practice in educational settings.
*For an idea of the kind of material available, you may want to look at the following sites:
ITE Sessions: From Racism to Respect
ITE Session: Planning an Inclusive, Anti-Racist Curriculum
Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) Website: Inclusion
100 Great Black Britons
The African-Caribbean Network for Science and Technology
ITE Session: Where is this place? Developing an understanding of prejudice and stereotyping.
Education for Citizenship, Diversity and Race Equality: A Practical Guide
Oxfam: Mapping Our World online resource
ITE Session: New Commonwealth and Caribbean History
ITE Activities: Community Language Schools