Support For Children
Do any of these things happen in your family?
- There are bad arguments or fights
- Your mum gets sworn at or called names.
- Your mum gets pushed, hit or kicked.
- Furniture and other things in the house get broken or smashed.
- Your pets get hurt.
- You and your brothers and sisters feel scared.
- You or your brothers and sisters get hurt.
Foundation Children & Young People Service
The overall aim of the service is to provide therapeutic support to children and young people affected by domestic violence. An integral element of the support will include reducing further risk and safeguarding. This will be done by providing Assessment of need, individual support, group support, safety planning, advocacy, social and recreational activity and preventative workshops. We have listened to children and young people and this is what they say they want from our service:
- To have someone who understands to talk to
- To learn how to stay safe
- To meet other children and young people who have had similar experiences
- To be in control of the support they are offered
- www.thehideout.org.ukProvides help, information and advice for children and young people living with domestic abuse (you can hide your visit to this website by following the steps on the screen)
- www.there4me.com is the child line website from the NSPCC and offers information, advice and support to young people on a wide range of issues including domestic abuse. Visits to the site can be hidden using the on screen instruction.
- www.freedomcharity.org.uk Empowering young people to feel they have the tools and confidence and support around the issues of family relationships which can lead to early and forced marriage and dishonour based violence. Need help now call 0845 607 0133 or text "4freedom" to 88802.