The curriculum for all children at Badger Hill is broad and balanced and aims to:
- Promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, intellectual and physical development of children
- Prepare children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life
- Implement the National Curriculum; Maths, English, ICT, Science, History, Geography, DT, Music, Art and PE
- Reinforce the teaching of RE through the LA agreed syllabus
- Implement a Health Education programme including drugs education and sex education
The curriculum has been carefully planned by staff to provide for breadth and balance between the varying demands of the National Curriculum subjects. Our distinctively creative curriculum aims to immerse pupils in the development of skills that will equip them for life in an ever changing world.
The staff plan lessons and activities in the long, medium and short terms to ensure challenge, progression and continuity in childrens learning. In order to track and monitor progress to inform future planning, children are subject to regular ongoing assessment and target setting.
Annual written reports are published at Easter and levels of attainment reported at the end of the summer term for all children from Year 1 to Year 6.