A social group for breastfeeding families with planned fun activities. Come along for a chat and get to know other breastfeeding families in the area. Support is available from our trained staff. We also welcome pregnant parents-to-be.
Tuesday 9.30-11.30 Skelton Children's Centre
Tuesday 9.30-11.30 Ormesby Children's Centre
Wednesday 9.15-11.00 Redcar Coast Children's Centre
Thursday 9.30-11.30 East Cleveland Children's Centre
Thursday 1.00-3.00 Guisborough Children's Centre
Friday 9.30-11.30 Grangetown Children's Centre
CC Breastfeeding Support Document.pdf
Health Visiting Teams in Redcar & Cleveland
You can also contact your Health Visiting Team on the following numbers for
East Cleveland Area 01287 612398
Greater Eston Area 01642 837765
Redcar Area 01642 473726
Out of Hours Support:
James Cook Maternity advice line 01642 854517 (24 hrs)
(from hospital discharge up to post-natal day 28)
National Breastfeeding Helpline
0300 100 0212 (9.30am 9.30pm)
Breastfeeding Network Helpline
0300 100 0210 (9.30am 9.30pm)Helpful websites:Return to: ABOUT SURE START
Breastfeeding out and about
· Wear layers of clothing i.e. vest top and shirt or cardigan.
· Practice attaching the baby to the breast whilst watching in a mirror (you will be able to see how discreet breastfeeding is).
· Go out with friends who will give you confidence.
· Log on to the Breastfeeding Welcome Scheme web page to find venues who have signed up to the local scheme. Look for their logo.
Breastfeeding at night
· Night feeds are important for your milk supply.
· Keep baby in the same room as you at night.
· Practice feeding your baby lying down.
· Look at the information your Midwife or your Health Visitor gave about safe bed-sharing.
· Ask for help if you need it.
East Cleveland Area (covering - Loftus, Carlin How, Brotton, Skelton, Saltburn, Guisborough, Lingdale and Lockwood)Greater Eston Area (covering - Grangetown, South Bank, Ormesby, Normanby and Eston)Redcar Area (covering - Dormanstown, Marske and Redcar)
** See your local areas Activity Planner for times and venues or ask a member of staff for further details **